USC Libraries Add 36 New E-Resources
Among the newly acquired e-resources is a collection of The March of Time newsreels produced by Time Inc. between 1935 and 1967.
The USC Libraries have added 36 new electronic resources to support USC's teaching and research needs.
USC students, faculty, and staff now have access the new databases, electronic journals, and other digital resources through the E-Resources tab on the USC Libraries homepage. The new acquisitions span several disciplines, including biology, engineering, genocide studies, geography, history, literature, medicine, music, neuroscience, and political science. The acquisitons also provide access to thousands of e-books, accessible through the Quick Search tab on the USC Libraries homepage.
One recently acquired collection provides access to Time Inc.'s famous The March of Time newsreels (USC login required) seen by American moviegoers between 1935 and 1967. The collection includes 115 hours of footage and covers historical events from the Great Depression to the Cold War.
Another new e-resource, the Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries (USC login required), is an essential resource for historical linguists. The online dictionaries reconstruct the lexicons for eleven ancient and archaic languages within the Indo-European linguistic family, from Hittite to Proto-Germanic.
Also among the acquisitions in the Classic Mexican Cinema (USC login required) collection of popular movie periodicals. The collection documents the "Golden Age" of Mexican cinema, during which the Mexican film industry produced roughly one hundred films annually, reaching both domestic and international audiences.
Here is the complete list of the newly acquired e-resources:
- American Geophysical Union Digital Library Journals, 1896-1995
- Angewandte Chemie journal back files, 1932-1996
- ASME Conference Proceedings, 2002-2011
- Biblioteca Teubneriana Latina (BTL)
- Biochemistry and Cell Biology back file, 1986-1995
- BIOSIS Citation Index back file, 1926-2011
- Blackwell Reference Online, 2011 titles
- Botanica Marina journal back file, 1959-2010
- Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences back file, 1980-1995
- Canadian Geotechnical Journal back file, 1963-1995
- Chemistry, a European Journal back file, 1995-1996
- Classic Mexican Cinema
- Confidential Print: Africa
- Confidential Print: Latin America
- CQ Political Reference Suite, 2012 front list
- e-Contemporary Mathematics
- Eighteenth Century Journals, V
- Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive
- Foreign Office Files for India, Pakistan and Afghanistan, 1947-1980
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionaries
- Journal of Applied Microbiology back file, 1938-19963
- Journal of Organometallic Chemistry back file, 1963-1994
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences Collection X
- Literaturnaia Gazeta, 1929-2011
- March of Time
- Mammalia journal back file, 1936-2010
- Mergent Horizon
- Periodical Archives Online (PAO) Collection 9
- Royal Society of Chemistry e-books, 2012 titles
- Sage e-Reference, 2011 titles
- Springer e-books, 2012 titles
- Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science Collection 5
- Thesaurus Linguae Latinae (TLL)
- Translated Texts for Historians E-Library
- Ullmann’s Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry
- World Newspaper Archive: Latin American Newspapers, Series 2, 1822-1922