Homer Catalog Improvements Coming Soon
Update, Dec. 22: The upgrade has been completed. Search the new and improved Homer catalog here or by using the Homer Catalog tab on the USC Libraries homepage.
Additional services, better usability, and more support for mobile devices are coming soon to the USC Libraries' Homer catalog. Homer will be offline on December 20 and 21 while we implement this upgrade. Full service will resume by 9:00 a.m. on December 22.
- A cleaner layout of item-detail pages with better placement of links to related electronic information and more refined link descriptions.
- Tabs and buttons with more intuitive labels. The Home page now includes a Basic Search tab, and we’ve renamed "Additional Content" to "A Look Inside."
- A dropdown menu on the Homer Basic Search tab has replaced buttons for selecting search parameters such as author, title, etc.
- New services in the My Account section, including a more secure method for handling forgotten passwords, the ability to create personal lists of library materials, and easier bookmarking functions.
- Additional information such as reviews and cover images are provided in more catalog records for books and other materials.
Feedback from our user-satisfaction survey, usability testing, and focus groups informed these improvements in the way our community can interact with the library catalog. We are eager to hear your feedback as we continue our efforts to improve the user experience, and we are certainly happy to answer any questions you may have. Please e-mail email@example.com with your questions or submit comments online.